Energy Services

Energy Services

NAYA’s Energy Assistance program promotes wellness and housing stability within our communities by providing utility assistance for income-qualified Multnomah county residents. Our program is currently able to assist with PGE, Pacific Power, NW Natural gas, and heating fuel (oil, wood, propane).

Energy Assistance services are available in English, Spanish, and Somali.

Please visit this link to find out if you qualify for energy assistance.  

Steps to receiving energy assistance with NAYA

Make an appointment by calling our 24-hour phone line at (503) 946-9898.

While appointment availability is limited, new appointments are added at least weekly. If you are unable to receive an appointment, please call back.

Submit the required documentation by e-mail to

To receive energy assistance, copies or photos of the following documents must be submitted at least one hour prior to your scheduled appointment:

  • Social Security cards for all household members.
  • Photo ID for all household members age 18 and over.
  • A copy of the most recent utility bill(s). The bill must be in your name and you must be able to provide copies of all bills you are hoping to receive assistance with.
  • Proof of gross income for the last 30 days for all household members age 18 and over.

Please visit this link for more information on income verification documents and how to retrieve them.

Receive an appointment reminder

One of NAYA’s Energy Assistance staff members will text or call you a few days before your scheduled appointment to confirm your appointment and answer any questions you might have.

An Energy Assistance Specialist calls you at the time and date of your appointment should they have additional questions.

When all necessary documentation is received, a commitment will be made to your utility company. It may take up to 45 days for this commitment to be reflected in your bill.

For more information on energy assistance in your area or if you are unable to receive an appointment through our energy assistance phone line, please visit

For information on weatherization, please visit

Frequently asked questions

Are you able to provide services in languages other than English, Spanish and Somali?

Unfortunately, we only have the capacity to offer services in English, Spanish and Somali at the moment. Please call 211 to be connected with an agency or a translator that can meet your needs.

How often can I receive assistance?

Typically, community members are able to receive assistance twice between the months of October and September. For example, you can receive services twice during the period of October 2023 through September 2024. 

What happens if I can’t get my documentation in time for my appointment?  

If you are unable to gather all of your required documentation in time for your appointment, please call back our hotline and use your confirmation number to reschedule.