Celebrate NAYA’s 40 Years of Service
Join Our Cause
NAYA’s mission is “to enhance the diverse strengths of our youth and families, in partnership with the community, through cultural identity and education.” We’ve been striving toward that mission for 40 years. You are the community whose partnerships make our work possible. As NAYA celebrates 40 Years of Service, we’re asking community members to join us, and make a commitment to serve NAYA in 2014.
40 hours of culture
Do you paint? Bead? Draw? Sculpt? Carve? Weave? Collage? More than 380 tribes call Portland home, and our community’s amazing range of creative talents are a part of our shared culture, a heritage of crafting and appreciating artistic expression. Create artwork, and help NAYA raise funds. Each year, generous donations of Native-created and Native-inspired art are sold at auction to support our services. Last year, just one piece of art created by two of our community members brought more than $1,000 to support NAYA. Support our community by exploring your creativity and your heritage, and donate your art and craft to NAYA. For more information on how your talents can support NAYA contact Anna Allen, Development Assistant by email or at (503) 288-8177 x 224
40 hours of service
NAYA was founded by volunteers, and every day volunteers provide support in all our service areas. We need tutors, kitchen crew members, tax preparation assistants, sports coaches, child care assistants, civic engagement volunteers, and more! Click here to read descriptions of positions, and make a commitment to give 40 hours of your time this year. Volunteers make a big difference in the lives of our people, and can gain valuable job skills while connecting with Portland’s Native American community.
Want to make an immediate contribution? Donate $40 to NAYA today. Every donation you make supports an organization that touches the lives of more than 6,000 people each year. Your $40 can…
- serve ten free meals to community elders;
- buy four books for after-school programs;
- gas up vans to pick up and drop off students after programming;
- provide emergency food boxes for 4 community members;
- buy two new winter coats for homeless Native youth;
- provide emergency utility assistance to a family in danger of losing their electricity or heat;
- help a low-income parent create a household budget;
- help NAYA raise even more funds, by demonstrating community support to large donors;
- do so much more! Read more about NAYA Services to see how your donation is put to work in our community.
Join us, and celebrate 40 years of service by committing to support NAYA.