Volunteers play a pivotal role at NAYA Family Center and we appreciate the wonderful support we receive from them! THANK YOU for your interest in volunteering with us! We have quite a few opportunities for volunteering:
- ASPIRE and College Night Mentors: College mentors provide one-on-one advising to help students continue their education beyond high school. College Night is every Tues and Thurs from 4:30-7:30pm. For more information, contact Becca.
- Child Care Assistants: Lead activities, coordinating games, crafts and playtime for children ages newborn to 5 years old. Tuesday- Thursdays 5-8pm
- Event Support: Volunteer at NAYA’s fabulous fundraising and friend-raising events. Volunteer roles include, registration, auction help, set up and clean up,. For more information, contact Vawn.
- Food Pantry: Help organize and maintain our food pantry. Flexible hours M-F anytime between 9am and 5pm.
- Kitchen Crew: Learn kitchen skills while working in a fast paced, community environment. A Food Handlers Card is required, and is very easy to obtain. Monday – Friday 8:30am- 4pm
- Learning Gardens Support: Do you have a green thumb? Interested in learning about traditional gardening practices? Our Learning Gardens need ongoing support! Hours are flexible! For more information, contact Mick.
- Youth Mentors: Mentor youth ages 16-24: Mentors will participate in program activities such as recreation group, cultural arts and college and employment preparation. Mentors commit to a job shadow and activities such as mock interviews, but we are also looking for mentors that have the ability to maintain regular communication and relationships with youth and the program. Monday-Thursday, 3pm-6pm. For more information, contact Alyssa.