The Oregon LEAD Program is one of six culturally-specific Leadership Development programs housed by the Coalition of Communities of Color (CCC) Bridges Initiative. We are seeking applicants for this transformative program to build leadership capacity across Native communities throughout Oregon. In this program we are guided by the Relational Worldview Model, and nurture leadership by affirming cultural identity through supportive peer-to-peer relationships. Engaged cohort members work effectively together to create positive change throughout Oregon’s Native communities. We seek to forge a collaborative network of Native leaders statewide to re-establish our interrupted cultural ways of knowing and being.
As a 2018-19 Oregon LEAD cohort member, you will join a diverse group of individuals invested in seven months of interdisciplinary leadership, skill building, professional trainings, and networking opportunities. Upon completion, you will graduate and join our Oregon LEAD Alumni network, which consists of ten cohort classes of Native leaders. We encourage all individuals with diverse stories, experiences, and levels of education to apply; everyone has something special to contribute to their cohort.
• Affiliation with an American Indian/Alaska Native tribe/band/Indigenous group •
• Interest and readiness to find your voice and use it to build upon Oregon’s Native advocacy efforts •
• Willingness to stretch your comfort zone and to try new things •
• Strong potential for increased leadership responsibilities •
• Accountability to full participation in all Oregon LEAD program activities, unless prevented from doing so by an emergency
Selection and Notification Timeline
• Applications due by Friday, August 31, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. •
• Friday, September 14, 2018 – All applicants receive email notification of their selection status for the 2018-19 cohort.
• First cohort gathers on October 20th, 2018.