Look at what we achieved together
What a year it’s been!
For many Native Americans, Winter Solstice marked the beginning of the new year. Because it’s a time of reflection, we wanted to share the difference your support and participation made in 2019.
This year, NAYA:
- Touched the lives of 10,000 people through wraparound, grassroots services and culture-based community programming
- Renamed our high school Many Nations Academy and welcomed students from around the state
- Provided hundreds of community members with intergenerational programming bringing our youngest ones together with elders at powwows, culture nights, and seasonal celebrations
- Celebrated the Many Nations Academy Class of 2019, and provided ongoing support as they continued to college
- Helped community members create their paths to prosperity by helping first-time homebuyers, connecting homeless youth with housing resources, providing utility bill assistance for those in need, and engaging community members in leadership and microenterprise training.
All of this would not be possible without the support of friends like you.
We hope you will continue supporting the resilience of the Native American community in 2020. We will continue to:
- Foster strong self-esteem and cultural resiliency in Native children
- Provide healthy meals to our elders who visit NAYA daily
- Open new affordable housing projects to help address the city’s housing crisis
- And much, much more
We are walking a beautiful path here at NAYA and we appreciate you being a part of it.
Happy New Year.