- This event has passed.
PYEC Presents: Annual Community Summer BBQ!
July 15 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
July’s PYEC meeting is our annual Community Summer BBQ. ALL are welcome!
Update: The BBQ will be held in the NAYA Pavillion
Celebrate the past year’s memories and engagement with some fun and good food with community. We’ll be serving bbq pulled pork, bbq chicken, hawaiian macaroni salad and cole slaw from local favorite Big Kahuna’s Barbeque and Catering.
Attendees will receive a chance to win one of these three fabulous raffle prizes:
- Two tickets to the July 21st A Tribe Called Red concert (must be 21 or older)
- “The Best Coast” water bottle
- 1 XL NAYA branded fleece vest
Portland Youth and Elders Council is a grassroots advocacy group housed at NAYA Family Center, and is open to everyone interested in building a strong civic connection with the local Native American community. Our mission is to strengthen the quality of life for the Portland American Indian and Alaska Native Community by encouraging local leadership, community development, and the practice of culture, values, and traditions.
The purpose of these gathering are:
- Unity: Bring Native American community, families, and organizations together
- Cross-generational conversation: strengthen ties between youth, adults, and Elders
- Advocacy: Making Native American issues a priority in our community
- Learning: Sharing and passing on tradition and history