- This event has passed.
Culture Night – Native Teachings Family Night
November 7, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
The evening’s activities include seven workshops, storytelling and Laura’s famous Posole:
- Nike Flight Club for kiddos
- Traditional Teachings for Healthy Sexuality and Healthy Relationships (All Ages) with Jilene Joseph of Native Wellness Institute
- Traditional Basket Weaving with Marie Knight of Future Generations Collaborative
- Moccasin Making, Part 3 with Chenoa Landry: All who have successfully completed Part 1 & 2
- Indigenous Tea and Tea Blend with Jennie Brixey: All Ages
- Drumming and powwow Dance with Davineekaht: All Ages for drumming and all who want to learn or practice Fancy Shawl
- Indigenous Crafts with Erik Ramone and Shalene Joseph: All Ages
Dinner is at 5:30 p.m. and most materials will be provided for beginner projects. Youth must be accompanied by a guardian or advocate. All ages and levels of knowledge are welcome and encouraged to attend!