** NAYA appreciates your interest in volunteering with our organization and community. We currently are not filling volunteer positions. You can check back to this page to see our status change, or submit your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. NAYA will connect with you once we have open opportunities.**
Volunteers play a pivotal role at NAYA Family Center and we appreciate the wonderful support we receive from them! THANK YOU for your interest in volunteering with us! We have quite a few opportunities for volunteering:
- ASPIRE Mentors: College mentors provide one-on-one advising to help students continue their education beyond high school. College Night is every Tues and Thurs from 4:30-7:30pm
- Camp Counselor (Spring/Summer): Provide support for morning/afternoon sessions, working closely with Kindergarten- 8th grade in fun seasonal activities! Monday- Friday 9-5pm
- Child Care Assistants: Lead activities, coordinating games, crafts and playtime for children ages newborn to 5 years old. Tuesday- Thursdays 5-8pm
- Civic Engagement: We want to get more Native votes on the ballots. Are you interested in campaigning, canvassing or phone banking? Hours are flexible!
- Clothing Closet Organizer: Assist in organizing our growing clothing closet. Sort through donations and maintain organization. Monday – Friday 9am-6pm
- Community Receptionist: Our busy community reception needs assistance with projects and directing clients. Monday –Friday 9am-6pm. Hours are flexible.
- Culture Night: Event assistance to maintain the flow of the evening. Families come to learn and teach about culturally specific crafts, dance and singing styles. Most Culture Nights take place on the first and third Wednesdays of the month, 5:30pm-8pm (October – June); please check the calendar for specific dates.
- Evening Event Support: Event support for Native Professionals & Friends Night, NAYA Marketplace, Family Night and more!
- Learning Gardens Support: Do you have a green thumb? Interested in learning about traditional gardening practices? Our Learning Gardens need ongoing support! Hours are flexible!
- Kitchen Crew: Learn kitchen skills while working in a fast paced, community environment. A Food Handlers Card is required, and is very easy to obtain. Monday – Friday 8:30am- 4pm
- Food Pantry: Help organize and maintain our food pantry. Flexible hours M-F anytime between 9am and 5pm.
- Sunrise EAST program: Sunrise EAST is an education and career focused program that provides culturally-specific services and activities for income-eligible youth ages 16-24. Sunrise EAST helps youth gain the skills, training, and knowledge they need to reach their goals. This program is always in need of mentors and tutors who can help with anything from tutoring for high school/college classes, to conducting mock interviews for first time job applicants. Schedule is based on client’s needs/schedule.
- Tax Prep Assistants: Each tax season NAYA Family Center provides a free tax site for community members. Volunteers earn certification and help file taxes. January – April 15th
- Tutors: Help students complete their homework and school related projects by becoming a tutor in our Learning Center. Monday-Thursday, 3pm-6pm
Of course we are always open to new volunteer opportunities, so if you have a particular skill set let us know!
Interested in learning more about volunteering?
Email email@example.com to request more information about opportunities and availability. All volunteers will be required to complete a volunteer application and submit to a criminal background check.